Saturday, February 16, 2013

Lets party Mardi gras way




I know their colors are purple, gold and green. I am interested because my neice and her daughter are teachers in New Orleans.They get to go to the festivals where locals dress in out rages costumes in their colors and throw necklaces to the lookers.

It ends on ash Wednesday.
all week there are  many parades and festivities.
I have tried to do a northen version. I am not a hot spice eater  but will try a milder recepie.
I gathered some gold lame over a gold runner and scattered coins for bling. I had the masks from last year. and used a green candle holder with bells just for fun.


I have used these stem ware many times. Note the initials on beads for place cards.
lucky me I found a purple table cloth.As many of you already know every thing I have is from garage sales and thrift stores. Two gold napkins ,one for your lap and one for your lips. Braided napkin rings.

Place setting with gold charger, braided napkin ring .
This plate was perfect. I only had two so only two settings.
Just another view.
This gold pillar is sitting on the bottom of a candle warmer upside down. Do with what you have.
Little bowls for soup or dessert.
Had to dress up my plain chandy. I wish I could join the fun.For the people who ask anonomous I am sorry I can't allow some one to copy my blog as there are to many spams going on but appreciate the great comments.All my posts are done by me.Being a northener I am not up to southern food. I think cajun spicy food and sea food. I am not into spicy but could try a milder version. How about lobster tails . Oh yeah not in my budget.lol
http://betweennapsontheporch.net/

5 comments:

Mona said...

Laissez les bon temps rouler!
Cajun red beans and rice can be cooked on the mild side.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

What a festive and pretty tablescape!!

I love the chandy decorated too!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

I am having a Giveaway so please come back to enter if you are interested....

Hugs,
Deb

Diane said...

Love that gold lame and the plates. They are all so perfect for Mardi Gras! Hope your relatives had a great time in New Orleans on the big day!

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful! I love anything shiny and glittery. You've got that and so much more for the Mardi Gras theme.

Alycia Nichols said...

I am so ridiculously behind!!! I am SO late getting here to see this cool Mardi Gras party! You hit all the right notes on it! I love those cool napkin rings, and the great green stemware never gets old in my book. It's so pretty! It will be perfect for St. Patrick's Day, too! I like the way you used the initialed beads for the place setting. That's a great idea! The plates are really great, too! The diamond shapes around the rim work well with the Mardi Gras theme. I make a pot of gumbo every year to celebrate Fat Tuesday, but it's usually not very spicy because Ramon doesn't care for spicy. I LOVE spicy food, so I just douse my bowl of gumbo with hot sauce! :-) Mona mentioned red beans & rice for Fat Tuesday, too. I often do that, too. It's so good! And seafood!!! I can't afford lobster tails, either, but this year we got some great whole crabs for just 25 cents apiece!!! That's more within my budget!!! I hope you're having a good weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...