Saturday, July 30, 2011

mantle home made






all the wood came from my stash in 175 year old celler. the table legs became my pillars and the shelf one I bought at thrift store and painted it white.


It's a start the hard part was the measuring and cutting with old jig saw. the shelf had pegs and holes where it screwed to the wall so I covered the screws with small  wood pieces,filagree from an old sewing machine drawer.


looking better but lacks a finishing look. the hearth is a piece of marble from an old dresser.


still pondering on how to finish it.


with a lot of blood sweat and tears this is the finished product.  I love being able to decorate for holidays etc.See the little posts holding up the shelf.  I cut them from a chair spindle.  now wasn't that clever?  I am not into shabby chic although I love to see it on your posts.  I quess I was brought up  with shabby when it wasn't chic.  I like white ,white. My pictures don't show wall as cream color. thinking about a little darker color to show more contrast. I like neutral colors.Maybe color of my background post. Sorry about flashback but have bay window so too much light. Open to suggestions.

8 comments:

Ginger said...

Great job! I love it! I can just see a fire in the fireplace, a cup of hot cocoa, and a good book on a cold winter night. I bet you were pooped after this project. You go girl! LOL

Til next time...
God bless you.
Ginger

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Very creative project! Looks wonderful!

podso said...

Clever and cute and creative!

Shelia said...

Well, you're just the smartest one! I love this! Looks great and it's hard to believe you've never built anything before.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Babs said...

You did a great job and very creative. I'll bet you'll really enjoy it during the holidays. Babs

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Unreal!!! This is so creative and it turned out fabulous. Just what was needed. Love it. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Wendy@~Chez~La~De~da~ said...

I am amazed...I love do it yourself projects and you blew this one out of the water!! Can't wait to see it decorated for Christmas~ You are my Hero!!!
I am now your newest follower...

~~Wendy

FABBY'S LIVING said...

You did such a creative and great job all by yourself, I am so impressed!! I can just see it all done up for the fall Thanksgiving and Christmas. Very nice! Hugs, FABBY

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...